- Jewish Public Library - Storytime with Lise
- Federation CJA West Island - The Family Store Volunteer Initiative
- Friendship Circle Montreal - Walk4friendship
- MADA Community Center - Mada's Share Your Love Phone-A-Thon
For more information on how to take a stand against antisemitism and other student resources, consult the Student Resource Guide.
Powered by GenMTL, Hillel Montreal is dedicated to enriching the lives of the approximately 6300 Jewish students across Montreal providing essential and meaningful connection points for secondary students with campus Clubs on two university and four CEGEP campuses.
Hillel Montreal plays a vital role in supporting and enriching the lives of Jewish students acting as a community connector. Hillel serves to provide a dedicated safe space on campus for Jewish students to meet, mingle and create a sense of belonging. Providing religious and cultural resources, Hillel Montreal helps students celebrate holidays and discover their Jewish journey in addition to providing much-needed advocacy support for Jewish students to stand up to antisemitism and anti-Israel sentiment on campus.
Whether you are a student looking to get involved, need support of any kind, or want to meet new students, Hillel Montreal is the place to be!
The Hillel House is located in the heart of downtown Montreal, two blocks from the McGill Campus:
Jack Reitman Hillel House
3460 Stanley St.
Students at Concordia can visit the Concordia student club room:
2020 Mackay St
Hillel Montreal supports a number of unique communities for student connection. The following are a few ways to get involved:
- Campus Clubs or Committees – Each campus supports a Hillel Clubs, leadership board, committees and opportunities for students to connect to community in any number of ways.
- Nazun : Once Challah for Hunger, Nazun brings students together to create leaders and community all through the shared experience of making Challah
- JQueer : JQueer is a Community of Jewish LGBTQIA+ students and young professionals and Allies
- Dibur : Dibur is a community of Israeli students across Montreal who meet regularly to explore shared experience, social engagement and other learning opportunities.
- Jcymun : JCYMUN, The Jewish Canadian Youth Model UN, is an annual Model UN conference run by university students for high school students. Participating schools come from Montreal, across Canada, The US, and South America.
- Hillel Montreal supports students as they navigate growing antisemtic and anti-Israel sentiment on our universities. Through existing relationships and partners, advocacy training, and one on one support, Hillel Montreal exists to provide students with necessary tools for advocating on campus.
CHAI – CHAI stands for the CIJA, Hillel Advocacy Initiative, which is a deep dive fellowship for university students interested in honing their advocacy and leadership skills and understanding how to navigate the challenges Jewish students face on campus.
- B’Yachad – B’Yachad is an Israel advocacy fellowship for CEGEP students. It is an introduction to the campus advocacy training experience.
- Face to Face – Hillel Montreal sends a group of students from McGill to Israel annually on our Face to Face Israel Experience. Non Jewish and Jewish students travel together, to explore the conflict, be immersed in society and have their own first hand experience beyond the Media’s portrayal of Israel.
- CIJA Ottawa Conference –Hillel Montreal is fortunate to have the opportunity to participate in CIJA’s upcoming Antisemitism: Face It! Fight it! Conference in Ottawa 16-17. There will be a special student track. Join us for what promises to be an outstanding experience.
Onward Israel – Onward Israel is an immersive Israel experience where participants can intern in a field of their choice while integrating into Israeli society.
Birthright Israel – Hillel Montreal promotes Birthright Israel trip opportunities in December and May through August.
Contact us anytime! You can reach the Hillel Montreal staff team through the links below or message us on Instagram @hillelmontreal
Naomi Mazer, Director, Hillel Montreal and Student Engagement – Federation CJA
Ashley Skolnik, Concordia Campus Manager
Rachel Merovitz, CEGEP Campus Manager
Jessica Itzcovitch, Advocacy Manager
Avishai Infeld, Advocacy Engagement Associate
Nati Benami, JAFI Israel Fellow