Becoming a chaperone is an experience you will undoubtedly cherish forever. Former chaperones will tell you that the relationships that are formed between yourself, your group of students and fellow chaperones, will last a lifetime. As a chaperone, you will play one of the most vital roles on March of the Living (MOL) as you work directly with the participants on an ongoing basis.
We are compiling a diverse chaperone team reflective of our eclectic Montreal community, to lead MOL 2020. Interested people of all backgrounds who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply.
- At least 26 years old
- Fundraise a minimum of $1,800 towards March of the Living
- Adhere to the Chaperone Code of Conduct
- Able to serve as a positive role model at all times and set a professional tone, relate well to others and be a team player and be flexible and respect authority
- Participation in all pre-trip programming, including:
- Four prep-sessions with students
- Weekend Shabbaton retreat with students, in January
- Weekend retreat with chaperones
- Series of regular training sessions with chaperones
- Bus get together
- Full payment for the trip.
- The program cost is all inclusive of the pre-trip sessions, three international flights, land costs and food. The 2019 program cost for chaperones was $7,350 CAD, and the 2020 program cost will be determined in the fall.
- Exclusive GenMTL pricing (for applicants 40 years old and under) will be available
- A full tax receipt will be issued
- Payment can be made by credit card or cheque, payable to “Federation CJA”. Payment plans are available.
MOL 2020 Chaperone applications are now closed. For general inquiries, please contact us at [email protected] or 514.345.6449.