The March of the Living is a two-week educational program, which brings grade 11 students to Poland and Israel in April/May. This experiential trip teaches about Jewish European life before the war, the Holocaust, the creation of the state of Israel and promotes Jewish identity development.
The program includes a mandatory series of social and educational pre-trip sessions. The preparation and the trip itself aim to educate Jewish students about the history of the Jewish people, as well as to instill the values and importance of "never forgetting." The expected outcomes are that students will be more connected to their history and understand that they have a communal responsibility moving forward.
We are exploring the possibility of offering a trip to Poland and Israel in May/June 2022 for CEGEP students who may have missed out on the MOL experience in high school. More information will be available in early 2022. Please fill out this form indicating your interest in this trip.
MOL High School Program 2022 Tentative Dates: April 24/25 to May 8/9
Meet the MOL 2022 Team
Co-chairs: Eva Cohen and Bobby Titleman
Program Manager: Jaime Reich, Director of Immersive Experiences and Missions
Please contact us at [email protected] or 514.345.6449
We are planning for an in-person return to Poland and Israel for 2022, however, we are continuing to assess the situation to maintain the safety and wellness of all our participants. COVID-19 is still a serious health threat and the situation and policies in Canada, Poland, and Israel are always evolving. The world has changed, and group travel has changed. MOL 2022 will be different from all previous MOL programs.
Read through all details on this website (and the tabs above) and all information shared in future communications. We aim to keep you informed of everything as more decisions are made closer to departure. It is important to always remain flexible as we navigate these unprecedented times together. Please reach out to us with any questions, keeping in mind we may not have all the answers right now. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Click here to for frequently asked questions related to COVID-19.
Applications & Eligibility
2022 March of the living application is due January 24 2022.
All participants on the 2022 March of the Living (MOL) will be carefully selected. The program has limited capacity. Final acceptance to the MOL program is conditional, based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to the Student Code of Conduct
- Attendance, participation and cooperative attitude and behaviour at all mandatory preparatory sessions (more details to follow)
- The participant's physical, medical, and mental well-being, as well as approval from the participant's physician
- We require all participants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and the measles at least two weeks prior to departure, in addition to all childhood vaccines being up to date. Participants may be required to get a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine subject to government availability.
- Approval from the participant's school, based on his/her academic and behavioural standings
- The receipt and processing of all March of the Living payments payments according to our payment terms and schedule
- Attaining the fundraising commitment of $360 CAD
Cost & Payment
The program cost is all inclusive of the pre-trip sessions, three international flights, land costs, food, and all taxes and gratuities. The 2022 program costs are $8,900 CAD. Costs are subject to change before March 1, 2022 depending on additional fees.
Payment can be made by credit card or cheque, payable to "Federation CJA".
Payment Terms and Cancelation Policy
Payment is due according to the following schedule:
- $1500 on February 1, 2022 (or $1000 if you paid a $500 deposit with your application)
- $1000 on February 15, 2022
- $3200 on March 1, 2022
- $3200 on March 15, 2022
Due to terms set by our tour operators, you may incur cancellation penalties depending on when you withdraw from the program. If a student cancels their participation in the program, the following monetary penalties will apply based on the cancellation date:
- before January 31, 2022 - no penalty
- from February 1 to February 18, 2022 - $1000
- from February 19 to March 18, 2022 - $2500
- on or after March 19, 2022 - $8,900 (full program fee)
Financial assistance is available, click here for more information.
All travellers are required to have travel insurance with the following coverage:
- Emergency medical insurance
- Trip interruption insurance
- Accommodation and meals in the event you must quarantine
- Benefits for emergency medical and trip interruption insurance must include coverage for Covid-19
Trip cancellation insurance with coverage for COVID-19 is strongly recommended.
Please review any policy to make sure you understand its benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions. More information about buying insurance will be provided in January.
Insurance is not included in the trip costs.
Important Dates for MOL 2022
Details regarding pre-trip educational and group sessions will be provided shortly. All sessions are mandatory.
Tentative Trip Dates
Departing April 24/25 to May 8/9