September 18, 2020
COVID-19: UPDATE FOR THE HIGH HOLIDAYS
On the eve of the High Holidays, we continue to be concerned about potential outbreaks of the COVID-19 virus across the city of Montreal.
In response to the recent rise in the number of cases, Public Health authorities are proposing that we adopt a number of preventative measures during the Days of Awe. The precise recommendations are as follows:
- Limit gatherings in indoor places to 50 people, including synagogues, rented halls and community halls;
- Outdoor Services are preferable;
- People at high risk of developing severe symptoms or complications, especially people aged 70 and over, should not participate in gatherings;
- Ensure that symptomatic people and those who have been in contact with a case confirmed COVID-19 strictly follow public health instructions, especially with regard to isolation and screening.
- Strictly apply distancing measures and wearing a face cover, if people are unable to maintain a distance of 2 meters between them.
Although implementing these recommendations require an adjustment in our plans, we must acknowledge that the virus is still amongst us, and that we must do everything we can to protect the health and well-being of our neighbours, family and friends as well as ourselves.
May this coming year bring us health and happiness, and may all those who are sick, receive a speedy recovery.
Wishing all a healthy, sweet, and successful new year ahead.
Ketiva vaChatima Tova